Main Street Minute: Sports bar and grill opens in central Phoenix
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• PHX Sports Grill has opened its doors near Seventh Street and Camelback Road in Phoenix. The site features 18 TVs, community tables, darts, Foosball and a patio.
• Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital is hosting an open house Thursday from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. offering resources to women to help them take better care of their families. The event includes free car seat checks by police officers. The hospital is near Mill Avenue and Broadway Road.
• Insurance company USAA announced plans to hire up to 1,000 technology professionals at its Phoenix campus over the next three years. The Texas-based business employs over 4,000 in the Valley office near Interstate 17 and Happy Valley Road.
- Amazon to open new facility in Tucson, creating over 1,500 jobs
- Arizona effort to tax rich draws concerns from business advocates
- Arizona Chamber explores business opportunities in Israel
- Thousands of Arizona businesses still haven’t renewed sales tax license
- Lights festival outside of Phoenix to begin after being postponed in October