Main Street Minute: Classic American food tavern opens in Scottsdale
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Famous 48 restaurant has opened a site near Scottsdale and Indian School roads in Scottsdale. The tavern serves up American classics such as barbecue ribs, seafood and roasted chicken.
• A company formed by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has shelled out big bucks for nearly 20,000 acres in the far West Valley. Business Real Estate Weekly of Arizona reports Mt. Lemmon Holdings paid nearly $80 million for the parcel near 339th Avenue and Interstate 10.
• Allied Universal is hiring security professionals at a job fair Wednesday in Mesa. The event runs from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. at its office near Alma School Road and Southern Avenue.
- Website: Tucson ranks in top five for best places for riding bicycles
- Students use Craigslist to put Scottsdale high school up for sale
- Senate confirms Gina Haspel as CIA director
- Study shows Arizona cities among the least fit in the nation
- Amazon to open new facility in Tucson, creating over 1,500 jobs