Watch as Gilbert mayor, police officer rock out in ‘Carpool Karaoke’
PHOENIX — Why wait for late-night TV to roll out “Carpool Karaoke?” Gilbert Mayor Jenn Daniels and officer Paul Alaniz sure didn’t.
The town created its own version of the James Corden show and, honestly, it’s not bad.
The video started out with the mandatory Arizona joke about the heat and the singing began shortly thereafter.
The pair opened with the classic “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey, a song to which everyone knows the words.
Alaniz took the mic — literally — during the song and ad-libbed a little bit while Daniels cracked a couple jokes and sang into a gavel she brought along for the ride.
After the first song, Daniels and Alaniz discussed the officer’s career. He told her he works as a school-resource officer and really enjoys it before cracking a joke about “shaking it off.”
Cue Taylor Swift.
The pair rock out to “Shake It Off” for a couple minutes before Alaniz takes Daniels back to her office, but not before a couple jokes about Alaniz’s driving.
We wouldn’t be shocked if this pair gets a call from Corden himself soon.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Gilbert construction worker, 70, killed in equipment accident
- Gilbert to host grand opening for fitness park in November
- Well above par: Topgolf introduces esports lounges in the Valley
- Dog Haus getting ready to open new Gilbert SanTan Village location in fall
- Two Valley cities ranked in top 10 least green cities in America