Main Street Minute: Daytime eatery chain adds Phoenix spot
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• All-day breakfast and brunch spot Snooze starts serving up food Wednesday from its newest Phoenix restaurant on Ray Road, just west of Interstate 10. It’s the fifth Valley location for the chain.
• There are several job fairs in the Valley on Wednesday’s schedule. A sales and management hiring event is set to run 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. in Phoenix at the Embassy Suites Hotel Biltmore near 24th Street and Camelback Road. The Art Institute of Phoenix near 23rd and Dunlap avenues is hosting employers in design, culinary, media arts and fashion from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Finally, more than 20 employers are taking part in an event in Phoenix. It runs from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport near 36th Street and University Drive.
• Walmart cut the ribbon Wednesday on a supercenter in northwest Phoenix. The Metrocenter Mall site takes up 148,000 square feet.
- Arizona effort to tax rich draws concerns from business advocates
- Arizona Chamber explores business opportunities in Israel
- Thousands of Arizona businesses still haven’t renewed sales tax license
- Culinary Dropout is expanding in Phoenix, closing Little Cleo’s
- Here are the best Phoenix-area restaurants to celebrate Cinco de Mayo