Border officers find $458K worth of heroin hidden in SUV bumper
NOGALES, Ariz. — Federal officers alerted by a drug-sniffing dog found 26 pounds (12 kilograms) of heroin hidden in the bumper of an SUV at a border crossing point in Nogales.
Customs and Border Protection said officers arrested the 28-year-old Tucson man who was attempting to enter the United States from Mexico on Tuesday. His identity wasn’t released.
The heroin had an estimated value of over $458,000.
- Trump links border wall, green-card overhaul to DACA
- House committee approves legislation with $10B in border wall funding
- Report: Border Patrol to begin testing drones in Tucson for border security
- Arizona congresswoman picked for border security, DACA solutions group
- Border Patrol to increase security efforts along Arizona-Mexico border