Chuck Coughlin, Mike O’Neil talk local political dominoes on Think Tank
Chuck Coughlin is our guest this week. He and Mike O’Neil discuss:
- U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake has formidable opposition for his seat in the form of U.S. Rep. Kirsten Sinema. His primary looks like no cakewalk as well.
- Mayor Greg Stanton makes a move on Sinema’s congressional seat. Who will run against him?
- Stanton’s announcement will trigger the Arizona resign to run law and a scramble to see who is the next mayor of Phoenix.
- How the Republicans plan to kill Obamacare — quietly.
- Most Arizonans see the Arizona Corporation Commission as corrupt. Is this an opportunity for a Democrat to actually win a statewide race?
- Another mass shooting. Every one of these triggers calls for prayers, but no legislative action. Any reason to think anything will be different this time?
- Judge mulls booting Ann Kirkpatrick from ballot in residency filing flap
- Unapologetic Trump digs in on immigration despite outrage
- GOP attorneys general group to spend $1.9M on Arizona ads for Brnovich
- McSally, Biggs laud progress in summit negotiations with North Korea
- GOP leaders sell immigration bills, with Trump’s blessing