Main Street Minute: Tempe shopping center is hiring
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. Stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Retailers at Tempe Marketplace are looking to fill full- and part-time positions this month. Active Ride Shop, Portillo’s, Target and World Market are among those hiring.
• A job fair is scheduled Wednesday in Phoenix. The event runs from 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Phoenix Airport Marriott Hotel near 44th Street and McDowell Road. Industries represented include financial, security and consulting.
• A north Phoenix dining-and-entertainment complex is adding a monthly farmer’s market. High Street, near Loop 101 and 56th Street, will host the market between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the third Sunday of the month. The market will feature more than 65 vendors starting Oct. 15.
- Construction jobs rise by 10 percent year-over-year in Phoenix
- Arizona among states with highest employment growth, report finds
- Amazon adds to Phoenix-area presence, moving 130 jobs from Seattle
- Celebrate National Donut Day with the Valley’s most drool-inducing treats
- Arizona among states in US with highest GDP growth