Busy parents need a plan if they want to eat healthy, Arizona dietitian says
In order for busy parents to be able to eat healthy, having a plan is important, according to local registered dietitian Jessica Lehmann.
“Planning ahead is the key,” Lehmann said. “Have some ready-made meals and snacks literally ready to grab. Ready to pack in a lunch-box.”
One time-saving suggestion Lehmann had is to make healthy meals over the weekend, which can be quickly remade throughout the week.
“Try to make a few batches of things just to have,” she said. “Whether its pasta, rice, lots of vegetables. You know, roast some salmon, cook some chicken … at least have a plan.”
It helps to also have a few emergency meals. One, quick easy food, Lehmann said, is eggs. They are a “great source of protein and can be combined with lots of different ingredients: Eggs and toast, eggs and rice, slice up some fruit — done.”
Arizona open and hiring: If you’re looking for job openings, visit ktar.com/arizonahiring.
- Sen. Sinema joins Biden to announce bipartisan infrastructure deal
- Backbone Fire evacuation orders expected to last at least another week
- Arizona State Transportation Board approves 5-year construction program
- Pinnacle Fire expands to more than 31,000 acres in Graham County
- Man arrested in west Phoenix after exchanging gunfire with police