Busy parents need a plan if they want to eat healthy, Arizona dietitian says
In order for busy parents to be able to eat healthy, having a plan is important, according to local registered dietitian Jessica Lehmann.
“Planning ahead is the key,” Lehmann said. “Have some ready-made meals and snacks literally ready to grab. Ready to pack in a lunch-box.”
One time-saving suggestion Lehmann had is to make healthy meals over the weekend, which can be quickly remade throughout the week.
“Try to make a few batches of things just to have,” she said. “Whether its pasta, rice, lots of vegetables. You know, roast some salmon, cook some chicken … at least have a plan.”
It helps to also have a few emergency meals. One, quick easy food, Lehmann said, is eggs. They are a “great source of protein and can be combined with lots of different ingredients: Eggs and toast, eggs and rice, slice up some fruit — done.”
- Two Valley teens to compete in National Music Theatre Awards
- Dehydrated hiker airlifted off Camelback Mountain in Phoenix
- Poll: More than half of Arizonans likely to support sports betting
- Phoenix water park offering heroes free admission Memorial Day weekend
- Arizona, Utah polygamous community picks outsider as new police chief