Police ID student who fatally fell from apartment balcony near ASU
PHOENIX — Police identified Thursday an Arizona State University student who fell to his death over the weekend from a high-rise apartment balcony in Tempe.
The Tempe Police Department said 24-year-old Maxwell Chamberlain fell from the West Sixth apartment complex near Fifth Street and Ash Avenue about 3 a.m. Saturday.
Police do not suspect foul play.
“At this time, we don’t believe the fall was suspicious but rather an unfortunate accidental fall where impairment may have been a factor,” police spokeswoman Lily Duran said.
Tempe Police detective Gabe Gomez said Chamberlain’s body was found near the pool area on the seventh floor.
“[He] appeared to have fallen from the 15th or above floor,” Gomez said
KTAR News’ John Roller contributed to this report.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- New cannabis company offers delivery to Arizona, California dispensaries
- Snowfall closes major eastbound freeway in northern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels