Talking NFL, schools and water on this week’s Think Tank
We take on three topics in this week’s Think Tank:
- NFL players react to the president’s comments attacking players who take a knee in protest during the national anthem. Is this disrespectful or reasonable protest?
- The Arizona Department of Education is issuing several scores measuring school performance. Are these meaningful? Helpful? Do they matter? Are they flawed?
- Water: As long as it’s there when we turn on the tap, we don’t think about it much. We know we live in a dessert and there are long-term issues. Several important developments on that score happened this week.
- Joanna Allhands, online opinions editor for the Arizona Republic
- Evan Wygloge, reporter at the Arizona Center for Investigative Reporting
- Arizona lawmakers urge Congress to extend AMBER Alert to tribal lands
- Elliot Road to close in Phoenix for freeway interchange construction
- One person killed after plane crashes in Cochise County
- Here is why California’s musical road sounds absolutely out of tune
- Sens. McCain, Flake propose budget amendment for wildfire funding