Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
PHOENIX — A crash on the eastbound lanes of Interstate 10 in Phoenix caused a closure of the freeway near the Interstate 17 stack on Sunday.
The freeway re-opened after 9 p.m after being closed for about four hours.
Arizona’s Department of Transportation had said in a statement that there was no estimated time to reopen the freeway and drivers should expect long delays.
I-10 westbound remained open.
- Phoenix police searching for sheep missing since 2013
- Arizona officials work to ensure wildlife have water during drought
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so