PHOENIX — Travelers are going to want to plan for heavy delays when using Interstate 10 near Chandler, Arizona, this week.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced I-10 will be narrowed to one lane from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day from Sunday through Friday.
Both eastbound and westbound of the freeway will be affected between the Gila River Bridge (milepost 173) and State Route 587/Case Blanca Road (milepost 176).
A pavement improvement project will need the restrictions for milling, paving and guardrail work, ADOT said.
I-10 drivers can avoid the restrictions by using Interstate 8 and State Route 85 to reconnect.
The resurfacing project is scheduled for completion this fall.
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions
- Camping sold out for Phoenix NASCAR race in November
- Six haunted spots to grab a Halloween bite in the Phoenix area
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade