PHOENIX — Travelers are going to want to plan for heavy delays when using Interstate 10 near Chandler, Arizona, this week.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced I-10 will be narrowed to one lane from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day from Sunday through Friday.
Both eastbound and westbound of the freeway will be affected between the Gila River Bridge (milepost 173) and State Route 587/Case Blanca Road (milepost 176).
A pavement improvement project will need the restrictions for milling, paving and guardrail work, ADOT said.
I-10 drivers can avoid the restrictions by using Interstate 8 and State Route 85 to reconnect.
The resurfacing project is scheduled for completion this fall.
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey delivers outlook for difficult wildfire season
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- Arizona bill helps first responders get compensation, therapy for PTSD
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat