PHOENIX — Travelers are going to want to plan for heavy delays when using Interstate 10 near Chandler, Arizona, this week.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced I-10 will be narrowed to one lane from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day from Sunday through Friday.
Both eastbound and westbound of the freeway will be affected between the Gila River Bridge (milepost 173) and State Route 587/Case Blanca Road (milepost 176).
A pavement improvement project will need the restrictions for milling, paving and guardrail work, ADOT said.
I-10 drivers can avoid the restrictions by using Interstate 8 and State Route 85 to reconnect.
The resurfacing project is scheduled for completion this fall.
- EEOC accuses Arizona company of racial and sexual harassment
- Child hit by vehicle after running into Phoenix street, police say
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 Walmart robbery, murder
- 3rd body found in Nogales wash days after flooding near border
- First Place opens with aim to help adults with autism gain independence