PHOENIX — Travelers are going to want to plan for heavy delays when using Interstate 10 near Chandler, Arizona, this week.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced I-10 will be narrowed to one lane from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day from Sunday through Friday.
Both eastbound and westbound of the freeway will be affected between the Gila River Bridge (milepost 173) and State Route 587/Case Blanca Road (milepost 176).
A pavement improvement project will need the restrictions for milling, paving and guardrail work, ADOT said.
I-10 drivers can avoid the restrictions by using Interstate 8 and State Route 85 to reconnect.
The resurfacing project is scheduled for completion this fall.
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Senate approves $716B defense bill named after Sen. John McCain
- College student paralyzed by rare disorder in Spain is back in Arizona
- Under hot Arizona sun, any metal can become a burn risk for kids
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash