Police: Phoenix man killed cat after not finding anyone to adopt it
PHOENIX — Court records show a Phoenix man was arrested after telling police he had to beat his cat to death because he couldn’t find anyone to adopt it.
Police were called out to a house on Wednesday after a neighbor saw 54-year-old James Henry Fox using a hammer to beat a cat, according to court documents.
Police arrived and found that Fox had left the home. They also found blood and a cat that had recently been killed.
Fox eventually went back home and told police he felt he had no option but to kill cat because he would have been prosecuted if he just let it go.
Fox is facing one count of animal cruelty.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports