Restrictions lifted on Arizona mountains after wildfire-related damage
PHOENIX — Access restrictions imposed on two Arizona mountains in the wake of summer wildfires are being lifted.
State Route 366 has reopened on Mount Graham near Safford in southeastern Arizona after a six-week closure due to the danger of flooding and debris floods resulting from a wildfire.
Also, a closure imposed on Kendrick Mountain northwest of Flagstaff in northern Arizona due to unstable conditions from a wildfire is being lifted as of Thursday evening.
The Forest Service says some recreational sites on Mount Graham remain closed pending repairs and that repairs continue to access roads in the Kendrick Mountain area.
- Trump’s comments about anthem, Steph Curry inflame sports stars
- Bees attack 20 people outside of Tucson
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Principal, athletic director reassigned as Hamilton hazing case continues