Part of I-10 in Phoenix to be closed during Sept. 15 weekend
PHOENIX — It’s that time of the week again: The weekend is here and with it comes multiple closures on Phoenix-area highways, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
• Interstate 10 westbound will be closed at 59th Avenue from 10 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday for bridge construction at the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange.
• I-10 eastbound will be closed between Estrella Parkway and Dysart Road from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday for pavement improvements.
• Pecos Road closed between I-10 and 24th Street in the Ahwatukee area from 10 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday for the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway construction.
• Thomas Road will be closed in both directions at Interstate 17 from 9 p.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday for the installation of a wrong-way vehicle detection system equipment.
• McDowell Road will be closed in both directions at I-17 from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 p.m. Sunday for installation of wrong-way vehicle detection system equipment.
• Grand Avenue on- and off-ramps at Bell Road overpass will be closed for approximately one week from 1 a.m. Monday to 5 p.m. Sunday for roadway improvements. The Bell Road overpass will remain open for through traffic.
• Southbound Loop 101 on-ramp at McDowell Road and off-ramp McKellips Road will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday for maintenance.
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best roof-top bars
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted