Main Street Minute: Contest up and running for youth volunteer of year
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona students in grades 5 through 12 have until Nov. 7 to apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards, recognizing states’ top youth volunteers. Winners earn a free trip to Washington, D.C. next year.
• HMS Host wants to hire more than 50 full-time workers for Sky Harbor restaurants. There are openings at Starbucks, Chelsea’s Kitchen, La Grande Orange, Barrio Cafe, Cowboy Ciao and more. A job fair runs Thursday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Phoenix Airport near 48th Street and University Drive.
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion
- Where do Arizona politicians stand on Trump’s family separation policy?
- Arizona health officials warn about rise in animal rabies cases
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’