Grand Canyon trail ranked among best day hikes nationwide
PHOENIX — An Arizona hiking trail has been named among the best day hikes in the entire nation, according to Travel and Leisure.
The Bright Angel Trail to Plateau Point in the Grand Canyon is 10.7 miles there and back, but the trip is “exhausting but manageable” and “offers a stunning view of the canyon floor and the Colorado River,” the publication said.
Plateau Point is 3,000 feet down into the Grand Canyon, but the view is “quite different than anything you can see from the top.”
However, most hikers should not attempt to trek all the way to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back in one day, according to the article.
- Which city in Arizona is the worst to live in?
- Arizona officials seize malnourished horses from New River woman
- Arizona DPS says impaired drivers cause majority of wrong-way crashes
- Police identify man killed crossing train tracks in Flagstaff early Monday
- Plans to reduce number of Grand Canyon bison advance on two fronts