Kidnapped Avondale boy found safe, suspect not caught
PHOENIX — Police said a 10-year-old boy was kidnapped in Avondale, Arizona, but has since been found safe.
The Avondale Police Department responded to a kidnapping call at about 5 p.m. Tuesday near Western and Central avenues and learned a man’s BMW had been taken without permission by an acquaintance.
According to police, the suspect, Janela Ivana Enriquez-Arreola, took the car with the victim’s 10-year-old son who suffers from a serious medical condition still in the back seat.
The vehicle was found by police near 32nd Avenue and Van Buren Street in Phoenix with the child safely inside.
The 20-year-old suspect fled the scene and has not been apprehended yet.
The 10-year-old boy was transported to Phoenix Children’s Hospital for precautionary reasons and has been reunited with his father.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Alarm causes flights headed to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to be diverted
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler