Main Street Minute: Hospice of Valley gets big donation
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Hospice of the Valley has received a $50,000 donation from Mesa-based Pollack Investments. The money will be used to help patients and families who don’t have insurance or financial means.
• In anticipation of its new supercenter at Metrocenter Mall, Walmart has begun hiring to fill up to 300 associates jobs. The store is on track to celebrate its grand opening mid-October. Applications are being accepted online.
• At least a dozen employers, including Direct Energy and the Department of Economic Security, are taking part in a job fair Monday in the East Valley. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Tempe Center for the Arts near Priest Drive and Rio Salado Parkway.
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- ‘Take Me to Church’ singer Hozier will perform in Tempe in October
- Family of Chinese girl killed in Arizona wants more jail for killer
- Arizona, Tempe top spots for millennials on the move
- Phoenix suburb selected as top US destination for retirees