Main Street Minute: Hospice of Valley gets big donation
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Hospice of the Valley has received a $50,000 donation from Mesa-based Pollack Investments. The money will be used to help patients and families who don’t have insurance or financial means.
• In anticipation of its new supercenter at Metrocenter Mall, Walmart has begun hiring to fill up to 300 associates jobs. The store is on track to celebrate its grand opening mid-October. Applications are being accepted online.
• At least a dozen employers, including Direct Energy and the Department of Economic Security, are taking part in a job fair Monday in the East Valley. The event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Tempe Center for the Arts near Priest Drive and Rio Salado Parkway.
- Off Central: Tempe church working harder than ever to be inclusive
- Police find 3-year-old girl who was reported missing by mother
- Tempe pastor to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in fight against violence
- Tempe bar won’t allow Arizona Wildcats fans, colors for ASU game
- Arizona House vote keeps nonprofits from disclosing election funding