Phoenix-area freeways to be closed, restricted during Sept. 8 weekend
PHOENIX — It’s that time of the week again: The weekend is officially here and with it comes multiple Phoenix-area freeway restrictions or closures, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Unlike Labor Day weekend, there will be closures and restrictions on multiple highways, including Interstate 10, Interstate 17 and Loop 101, during the weekend of Sept. 8.
• I-10 westbound will be narrowed to one lane between Sarival Avenue and Perryville Road from 1 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturday for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. The on-ramp at Citrus Road, off-ramp at Perryville Road and southbound Loop 303 ramp to the I-10 will also be closed during this period.
• I-10 westbound will be closed between Dysart Road and Estrella Parkway from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday for pavement improvements. The on-ramp at Avondale Boulevard will also be closed.
• I-10 westbound ramp to the Loop 303 northbound will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday and from 1 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday for paving work. The southbound Loop 303 ramp to the I-10 westbound will be closed from 10 p.m. on Friday to 1 p.m. on Sunday for paving work. The I-10 eastbound will also be narrowed down to three lanes near the Loop 303 from 10 p.m. on Friday to 3 a.m. on Saturday and from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday for rubberized asphalt paving.
• Loop 101 eastbound ramp to southbound State Route 51 will be closed from 9 p.m. on Friday to 11 p.m. on Saturday for a resurfacing project. All SR 51 on- and off-ramps at Union Hills Drive will be closed during this period.
• I-17 off-ramps at Camelback Road in both directions will be closed from 9 p.m. on Friday to noon on Saturday to allow crews to install a wrong-way vehicle detection system. Camelback Road will also be closed in both directions at the I-17 during this period.
• I-17 off-ramps at Bethany Home Road in both directions will be closed from 9 p.m. on Saturday to noon on Sunday to allow crews to install a wrong-way vehicle detection system. Bethany Home Road will also be closed in both directions at the I-17 during this period.
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise