Handful of Arizona ties in upcoming season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’
PHOENIX — When viewers tune into the upcoming season of “Dancing with the Stars” in the next few weeks, they’ll see a handful of people with ties to Arizona.
Gilbert-raised violinist Lindsey Stirling will compete on the show. She announced a Christmas album and tour this week.
Professional wrestler Nikki Bella, who was raised on a ranch in Scottsdale, will also be vying for the title. She rose to fame as half of World Wrestling Entertainment’s Bella Twins.
Former “Malcolm in the Middle” star Frankie Muniz, who owns multiple homes in the Valley, will also be on the hit ABC show. One of his Scottsdale homes was recently listed for $2.4 million, in case you’re in the market.
Two retired athletes — NBA player Derek Fisher and NFL player Terrell Owens — will compete this season.
This season will also feature several stars from the music world, including former 98 Degrees member Nick Lachey and Debbie Gibson.
Television personalities Drew Scott (“Property Brothers”) and Barbara Corcoran (“Shark Tank”) will also compete in the upcoming season.
The 25th season of “Dancing with the Stars” premieres Sept. 18.
You can check out the full list of this season’s competitors in the slideshow below.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Students at Arizona universities could pay more for 2019-20 school year
- Phoenix police chief reminds drivers to exercise caution after officer’s death
- Study: Arizona a top state for net growth in migration
- Arizona ranked among top 10 most federally dependent states
- Powerball jackpot grows to $550M, among top 10 in the game’s history