Main Street Minute: ASU students can get in free to WNBA playoff game
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona State students can get in free to Wednesday’s WNBA Phoenix Mercury playoff game in Tempe after Phoenix Suns star Devin Booker purchased 270 tickets at Wells Fargo Arena. Students with ID can claim those tickets on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 4 p.m. on the north side of the arena. The Mercury take on the Seattle Storm at 7 p.m.
• Chipotle and the Arizona Humane Society are teaming up Wednesday to help feed homeless pets. All Chipotle locations in the Valley will donate 50 percent the day’s purchases to the nonprofit. Mention AHS at checkout.
• The Arizona National Guard, Chase, Shutterfly and Senergy Solar are just a few of the employers taking part in a big job fair Wednesday. The East Valley event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Chandler near Frye and Dobson roads just off Loop 101.
- More than 150 animals seized from Phoenix boarding facility
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Arizona medical-marijuana marketing becomes more mainstream
- Salt Lake City is 1st in US to seek 2030 Winter Olympic bid
- Radio announcer gives hilarious play-by-play in attempted carjacking video