Main Street Minute: ASU students can get in free to WNBA playoff game
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Arizona State students can get in free to Wednesday’s WNBA Phoenix Mercury playoff game in Tempe after Phoenix Suns star Devin Booker purchased 270 tickets at Wells Fargo Arena. Students with ID can claim those tickets on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 4 p.m. on the north side of the arena. The Mercury take on the Seattle Storm at 7 p.m.
• Chipotle and the Arizona Humane Society are teaming up Wednesday to help feed homeless pets. All Chipotle locations in the Valley will donate 50 percent the day’s purchases to the nonprofit. Mention AHS at checkout.
• The Arizona National Guard, Chase, Shutterfly and Senergy Solar are just a few of the employers taking part in a big job fair Wednesday. The East Valley event runs from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Hilton Phoenix Chandler near Frye and Dobson roads just off Loop 101.
- Maricopa County animal shelter offering free adoptions this weekend
- Small Frys program aims to grow girls hockey in Arizona
- Celebrate National Donut Day with the Valley’s most drool-inducing treats
- NCAA officials coming to Phoenix to explore another Final Four host bid
- University of Phoenix Stadium to host Gold Cup soccer games