Main Street Minute: Lyft expands services across Arizona
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Popular ride-sharing service Lyft has expanded in Arizona to cities and towns including Kingman, Payson, Tombstone and Bisbee. The company said it now provides full coverage in Arizona and 39 other states.
• Phoenix-based U-Haul recently unveiled Truck Share 24/7, which offers self-pick-up and self-return of trucks and vans at all hours. All that’s needed is an internet-connected mobile device with a camera and GPS.
• Teletech’s four-day hiring fest begins Tuesday in Phoenix. The customer experience company needs licensed insurance agents as well as bilingual customer service representatives and Hurricane Harvey relief support representatives. The hiring event runs through Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. near Interstate 17 and Bell Road.
• Papa John’s is donating $1 for each order it receives Tuesday to the Red Cross to help the victims of Hurricane Harvest in Texas. The offer is good throughout the Phoenix area.
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Phoenix-based U-Haul giving $23M in bonuses after Trump tax plan
- Arizona medical-marijuana marketing becomes more mainstream
- Lyft added $59 million to Phoenix economy in 2017