Child dies after falling 60 feet from Sedona hiking trail
PHOENIX — A 2-year-old child died over the holiday weekend after falling off a 60-foot cliff while hiking near Sedona, officials said.
Rescuers recovered the body after rappelling down the cliff.
The child has not been identified but the sheriff’s office said he was from Omaha, Nebraska.
The incident was under investigation.
- Rangers reminding visitors to hike smart at Grand Canyon this summer
- How can I get my child into coding this summer?
- Don’t underestimate Arizona heat during outdoor activities
- Sedona violating state law by requiring business license for some rentals
- Mesa father arrested for allegedly beating, burning, threatening kids