Child dies after falling 60 feet from Sedona hiking trail
PHOENIX — A 2-year-old child died over the holiday weekend after falling off a 60-foot cliff while hiking near Sedona, officials said.
Rescuers recovered the body after rappelling down the cliff.
The child has not been identified but the sheriff’s office said he was from Omaha, Nebraska.
The incident was under investigation.
- Kansas man bloody, naked before officer shot him in northern Arizona
- Exhausted hikers airlifted from Phoenix-area mountain trail
- Buying a home? 10-acre estate in Sedona on the market for $12.5 million
- Sedona named as the best small town to visit in Arizona
- Phoenix-area child transported to hospital with gunshot wound