Child dies after falling 60 feet from Sedona hiking trail
PHOENIX — A 2-year-old child died over the holiday weekend after falling off a 60-foot cliff while hiking near Sedona, officials said.
Rescuers recovered the body after rappelling down the cliff.
The child has not been identified but the sheriff’s office said he was from Omaha, Nebraska.
The incident was under investigation.
- Chandler man rescued after fall at Oak Creek Canyon
- Construction to fix I-40 winter weather damage near Flagstaff to start
- Attorney’s office: No charges in boy’s Arizona hiking death
- Report: Consumers spend $21.2 billion on outdoor recreation in Arizona
- Sedona man gets 120-year sentence for child pornography