Crashes cause delays on Interstate 17 northbound
Multiple crashes north of Phoenix have caused delays on Interstate 17 northbound between New River and Cordes Junction, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
A crash near milepost 238 led to both lanes closing temporarily to allow a medical helicopter to land. That, along with a series of others crashes in the area, caused a backup that reached Anthem.
As of 1:30 p.m., the roadways had opened up, though there was still minor slowing near Black Canyon City.
A second crash at milepost 235 added to the slowed traffic and another one near milepost 261 south of Cordes Junction had been cleared but led to another section of slowing before noon.
I-17 southbound was not affected by the crashes.
- Nightly closures of I-17 in northern Arizona to begin Tuesday
- Jackknifed truck slows drivers on Interstate 17 in Phoenix
- Semi rolls over, accident closes Interstate 17 at Loop 101
- Part of Interstate 17 in north Phoenix reopens after vehicle fire
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour