Maricopa County Animal Care offering free adoptions for limited time
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Animal Care and Control’s west side shelter has reached critical capacity and is offering free adoptions to clear up space.
The free adoptions apply to any dog over 6 months old.
A statement from Maricopa County Animal Care said the west shelter — which is located on 27th Avenue south of Buckeye Road near downtown Phoenix — currently has about 700 dogs and 50 cats. The facility “should only hold 350,” the statement said.
The shelter said it would only be offering the free adoptions until the facility is down to a “number it can comfortably manage.” A specific number of dogs adopted or a date weren’t specified.
To donate or volunteer, you can call (602) 506-7387.
- Arizona ballot initiative proponents unfazed by ‘millionaire’s tax’ ruling
- Hearing on solar, wind energy project in Arizona, New Mexico wraps up
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Saturn to return to Arizona skies in June
- Arizona man sentenced to 20 months in prison for Wisconsin cyberattack