Maricopa County Animal Care offering free adoptions for limited time
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Animal Care and Control’s west side shelter has reached critical capacity and is offering free adoptions to clear up space.
The free adoptions apply to any dog over 6 months old.
A statement from Maricopa County Animal Care said the west shelter — which is located on 27th Avenue south of Buckeye Road near downtown Phoenix — currently has about 700 dogs and 50 cats. The facility “should only hold 350,” the statement said.
The shelter said it would only be offering the free adoptions until the facility is down to a “number it can comfortably manage.” A specific number of dogs adopted or a date weren’t specified.
To donate or volunteer, you can call (602) 506-7387.
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- New book explores retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating