Renovations underway at the White House
WASHINGTON — The White House is undergoing a major face-lift while President Donald Trump is out of town.
The Oval Office and other working quarters of the West Wing have been cleared of furniture while crews work on upgrades, including to the heating and air conditioning system. Spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said the system is 27 years old.
Workers also are fixing leaks, repairing the South Portico steps, renovating the Navy mess kitchen and West Wing lower lobby, and updating the IT system.
West Wing staffers who aren’t with Trump at his New Jersey golf course have been temporarily relocated to an office building next to the White House.
- Trump promises ‘fight’ after McCain slams ‘spurious nationalism’
- Senators reach deal on resuming payments to health insurers
- Groups seek lawyer to appeal decision to pardon former Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- White House: $4,000 more for families with business tax cuts
- Interstate 10 rest stop between Phoenix, Tucson closing for 6 months