Mayo Clinic Phoenix appears on report of best hospitals
PHOENIX — The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix cracked U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 20 best hospitals for 2017-18.
It finished No. 20 on the publication’s “honor roll” of hospitals. It did not make the list last year.
In individual specialty rankings, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital high for cancer (17th nationally), gastroenterology (10th), pulmonology (14th) and geriatrics (15th), as well as a few others. It was considered “high performing” for several procedures, conditions and specialties.
The report says the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix has more than 1,000 nurses and nearly 500 doctors.
Mayo’s location in Rochester, Minnesota was No. 1 on the list.
Mayo Clinic Phoenix is located just off of the Loop 101 Pima Freeway near 56th Street.
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground
- Advocacy groups pressure Arizona to ban bee-killing pesticides
- Affordable housing complex for veterans opens in Tempe
- In wake of Florida shooting, Arizona educators look at social media impact
- Study ranks each Arizona spring training stadium based on fan experience