Mayo Clinic Phoenix appears on report of best hospitals
PHOENIX — The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix cracked U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 20 best hospitals for 2017-18.
It finished No. 20 on the publication’s “honor roll” of hospitals. It did not make the list last year.
In individual specialty rankings, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital high for cancer (17th nationally), gastroenterology (10th), pulmonology (14th) and geriatrics (15th), as well as a few others. It was considered “high performing” for several procedures, conditions and specialties.
The report says the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix has more than 1,000 nurses and nearly 500 doctors.
Mayo’s location in Rochester, Minnesota was No. 1 on the list.
Mayo Clinic Phoenix is located just off of the Loop 101 Pima Freeway near 56th Street.
- Federal officials are working to target sexual harassment in Arizona Tribes
- Three cities in Arizona earn top ranks for advancing LGBT rights
- Off Central: Guitar-making school puts Phoenix on musical maps
- Unemployment rate in Arizona drops to 4.7 percent in September
- Here’s what you need to know about Lost Lake Festival in Phoenix