Main Street Minute: Phoenix boutique hotel to undergo renovations
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A popular Phoenix boutique hotel is getting a face lift. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the Clarendon Hotel and Spa near Central Avenue and Indian School Road is undergoing $2 million worth of upgrades, including the restaurant, guest rooms and rooftop deck.
• The Results Companies is kicking off a three-day hiring event Tuesday in north Phoenix. The job fair runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. near 19th Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road. The professional services group has more than 300 positions available, including for licensed insurance agents, customer service and sales.
• Sonora Quest Laboratories is offering Mountainside Fitness club members a select number of lab tests they can request without a doctor’s order. Members will receive a discounted rate on wellness screenings, health profiles and other tests. The fitness chain has 14 Valley locations.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend