ZIP codes in Phoenix, Scottsdale are most expensive for Arizona renters
PHOENIX — If you’re a renter in Arizona looking to save, a handy list of the most expensive ZIP codes in the state compiled by RentCafe.com should help you keep some money in your pocket.
The top two most expensive ZIP codes are 85003 and 84004, which respectively run along the west and east side of Central Avenue south of Thomas, through Downtown Phoenix and down to just south of Interstate 17. The average rent comes in at more than $1,500 per month, according to RentCafe.com.
Coming in third is 85054 near the Desert Ridge Marketplace, where the average rent is just more than $1,400.
Rounding out the top-5 are two Scottsdale ZIPs, 85255 and 85254, which are respectively east and south of the 85054 ZIP.
Tempe (85281) and Chandler (85286) each make a single appearance in the top-10 of the list, while Scottsdale boasts seven of the top 12 most expensive ZIP codes.
All of those in the top-12 are Maricopa County ZIP codes before the 85701 ZIP in Tucson makes an appearance at 13th with an average rent of $1,186 per month.
Overall, the average rent in Arizona is $947 per month, which is below the national average of $1,316. Only six ZIP codes in Arizona top the national average.
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths
- Analysis suggests Phoenix needs more firefighters, would cost $30M to hire