Arizona man goes viral with dance to ‘Anaconda’ on ‘America’s Got Talent’
PHOENIX — A man from Arizona wowed judges and fans alike on “America’s Got Talent” when he danced to Nicki Minaj’s hit “Anaconda.”
Oscar Hernandez appeared on the stage and told judge Simon Cowell he was somewhat nervous. But the nerves didn’t seem to phase the self-described choreographer and dance instructor, as he busted a move to the Minaj song that interpolates Sir Mix-a-Lot’s famous “Baby Got Back.”
In a separate video, Hernandez said he’s 34 years old and is from Glendale, Arizona. He said he was raised by his grandmother, a performer herself, and he found his true passion in performance arts — despite having tried sports.
Based on his performance, it seems he picked the right route.
Ironically, he went on to make an appearance in professional arena football — but as a dancer, not an athlete; He went viral once before as the Arizona Rattlers’ “dancing lineman.” It was there that he dressed as a football player but spontaneously joined a group of cheerleaders in dance, grabbing headlines both locally and nationally.
He also helped lead the Detroit Pistons dance team and has worked with Salt-N-Pepa, T-Pain and Busta Rhymes, according to Sporting News.
‘When I’m out there performing, I’m going to make sure you remember me,” he told Sporting News. “Make sure you remember this big guy.”
- Bondsman tried to get Glendale teacher to not pay suspect’s bail
- Flagstaff police treating case of missing Glendale teacher as homicide
- Body of missing elementary school teacher from Glendale found
- Family searching for missing Glendale teacher in northern Arizona forest
- Boyfriend of missing Arizona woman tied to assault of female ASU student