Main Street Minute: Phoenix nonprofit offers free job-training program
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Local nonprofit Year Up Arizona wants 120 young adults to take part in a yearlong free job training program in technical and professional fields, inclduing software development. The training are for low income 18-to-24-year-olds who don’t have a college degree. The program guarantees a six-month internship at a top company, a weekly stipend and college credits.
• Financial services company Fiserv is hiring in the Valley. Open positions include performance analyst, client executive and customer service supervisor. Applications are available online.
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground
- Advocacy groups pressure Arizona to ban bee-killing pesticides
- Affordable housing complex for veterans opens in Tempe
- In wake of Florida shooting, Arizona educators look at social media impact
- Study ranks each Arizona spring training stadium based on fan experience