Scottsdale pastor offers advice for dad ahead of Father’s Day
PHOENIX — A Scottsdale pastor said a father supporting his family is a hard role, but there’s more to being called Dad than that.
“There’s a lot of different roles as a father — most often time’s people think of the provider,” Christ Church of the Valley pastor Travis Brown said.
Brown, a father and former NFL quarterback, said it’s important fathers have a positive emotional impact on their children.
“Providing is part of it, support is part of it,” he said. “But being the example of what a real man should be … and you can go through the gauntlet of that: character and honesty, and hard work and discipline [and] love.”
Brown said he gives every father the same advice:
“I always tell dads this, ‘Like it or not, you’re a leader,'” he said. “‘People are going to follow you.’
“’So you can either lead people to a really negative direction and they can have that experience as their dad, or you can lead them in a really positive direction.’”
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- 2-year-old in extremely critical condition after drowning in Phoenix
- Arizona K-12 public school students get free breakfast, lunch this school year
- Valley 4-year-old in extremely critical condition following drowning incident
- Dave Ramsey says: Learning about money prepares kids for future
- Dave Ramsey says: Teach children value of earning money