Mural started at Renaissance Hotel in tribute to Phoenix’s history
Muralists are paying tribute to Phoenix’s history with a mural at the Renaissance Hotel, according to Phoenix Business Journal.
In a partnership with the hotel and Downtown Phoenix Inc., the work on the mural began Friday morning and they are hoping to have it done by the end of next month.
The mural will be 70 feet high and 50 feet wide on a wall of the hotel. The wall is in an alley between Central Avenue and First Street.
The concept behind the mural called “Malinda” is showing a character from Phoenix by the name of Malinda Curtis, who was known for her openness to all the city’s residents in the early 20th century. The alley is where Curtis lived.
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Arizona Technology Council finds industry is on the rise
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday