I scream, you scream: Ice cream chain to open five Phoenix area locations
PHOENIX — Summer is right around the corner, which means there will soon be more opportunities (and excuses) to indulge in a cool, refreshing ice cream treat.
But in case you needed another excuse, Bruster’s Real Ice Cream, a Pennsylvania-based ice cream chain, announced Monday it will open five locations in the Phoenix area.
According to a press release, officials with the ice cream chain signed franchise agreements for seven new markets in April, setting up for “rapid expansion” on the West Coast.
Dan Tarkoff, a retired East Coast sales and marketing executive, said in a press release that he wanted to expand the chain after being a fan of it for more than 20 years.
“I couldn’t have selected a better partner than Bruster’s,” he said in the release. “In addition to their outstanding product quality and customer service experience, they are a team focused on helping franchisees develop and grow their businesses.”
According to the press release, Tarkoff currently is scouting locations in the Phoenix area.
The chain currently has about 200 independently-owned locations in 19 states, and this won’t be the first in Arizona: Gilbert welcomed a Bruster’s earlier this year.
- Grocery chain Safeway closing two Phoenix-area stores
- US Marshals in Phoenix warn of nationwide phone scam
- Phoenix residents work for 4 years to earn enough for down payment
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash