KENNESAW, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia teenager has died two days after a tree fell on her and severely injured her during a camping trip.
Local news groups report that Joelle Dalgleish, a sophomore at a high school in a north Atlanta suburb, died Sunday morning. Authorities say a tree holding her hammock snapped and fell on her at a state park.
Bartow County Coroner Joel T. Guyton confirmed Dalgleish’s death Sunday afternoon. Reports say her injuries included a fractured skull and spinal damage.
Kent Simmons, the track coach at Harrison High School in Cobb County that the girl attended, says Dalgleish was “one of the sweetest and happiest people you will ever meet.”
A community vigil for Dalgleish is planned Monday evening.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action