ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkey’s official news agency says the FBI has detained a Turkish man who attempted to sit in first class on a Los Angeles-Honolulu flight.
The Anadolu news agency reported Sunday that 25-year-old Anil Tuvanc Uskanli bought an economy ticket on American Airlines Flight 31 but left his seat to try first class. Flight attendants stopped him but in the ensuing argument, he kicked a service cart.
The agency said Uskanli was handcuffed to his seat after refusing to sit.
Uskanli was taken into custody after the plane, escorted by two fighter jets, landed in Honolulu. He now faces a possible charge of interference with a flight crew.
Anadolu said Uskanli studied film and journalism in California and London.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Main Street Minute: Big-name companies set to attend Phoenix job fair
- Target is raising minimum hourly wage to $15 by end of 2020
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service