Trump nominates Callista Gingrich as envoy to the Vatican
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump says he will nominate the wife of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich as his ambassador to the Vatican.
Callista Gingrich has been the president and CEO of Gingrich Productions, a multimedia production and consulting company in Arlington, Virginia, since 2007.
She previously worked as a congressional aide in the House of Representatives and is president of The Gingrich Foundation, a charity organization.
She is Newt Gingrich’s third wife and he converted to Catholicism to marry her.
Ambassadors require Senate confirmation before assuming the role.
The announcement comes days before Trump arrives at the Vatican to meet Pope Francis.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps