ASU law professor discusses legal aspects of Trump-Russia investigation
Paul Bender joins the Think Tank to discuss several legal elements of the investigation into President Donald Trump’s campaign. We ask him about:
- After asking others in the room to leave, Trump asked then-FBI Director James Comey to kill an investigation into former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, saying, “I hope you can let this go.” Does this approach obstruction of justice?
- Comey did not comply and was fired? Given this, does Trump’s action constitute obstruction of justice?
- This request was reflected in Comey’s contemporaneous notes. Trump’s version is different. How do you assess their relative credibility if it comes down to he said-he said?
- How does the appointment of a special prosecutor change matters?
This and more in this week’s Think Tank.
- President Donald Trump awards Peoria firefighter with Medal of Valor
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting
- Trump asks for ban on bump stocks used in Las Vegas massacre
- Sen. Jeff Flake expresses concerns with Republican Party’s future
- Arizona State’s Lake Havasu campus focuses on boosting enrollment