KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (AP) — Former President George H. W. Bush has made his first public appearance since he was released from a Houston hospital last month.
The 92-year-old Bush was treated for pneumonia and chronic bronchitis during a two-week stay at the hospital in April. He left April 28.
The former president and former first lady Barbara Bush attended the re-dedication of the Mathew J. Lanigan Bridge over the Kennebunk River in Maine on Friday. The Bushes make their summer home in Kennebunkport.
The bridge was first built in 1933 and takes drivers and pedestrians from Kennebunk to Kennebunkport. The event included Girl Scouts, musicians and antique vehicles from 1933, as well as a double ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers