KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Benchmark Electronics is holding a job fair Friday in Tempe. The mechanical manufacturing company has more than 30 openings for buyers, engineers, program managers and other positions. The event runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. near Southern Avenue and Hardy Drive.
• Arts-and-craft chain Hobby Lobby is expanding in the Valley. The Phoenix Business Journal reports a store will open in Scottsdale early next year near Mayo Boulevard and Scottsdale Road. That makes 11 stores in metro Phoenix.
• East Valley technology company Neltec is kicking off a two-day hiring event Friday in Tempe near Priest and University drives. It runs from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. the first day and 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday. Neltec is looking for human resources, accounting, facility and quality managers as well as machine operators, buyers, customer service positions and more.
- Main Street Minute: Job openings posted all across Phoenix area
- Main Street Minute: Vig restaurant chain sells central Phoenix site
- After rapid growth, Lyft formally opens new hub in Phoenix
- Phoenix roller skating rink roof collapses after closing time
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix-area arts programs chosen for grant money