COCOA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman is accused of leaving her 1-year-old son in a house where people were doing drugs.
Brevard County Sheriff’s officials say someone contacted them after finding the child sleeping on a mattress in the home. His 31-year-old mother, Ashley Marie Baskett, was arrested Wednesday and remains in the Brevard County Jail on charges of child neglect and possession of methamphetamine.
Deputies say the other people in the home were either sleeping or under the influence of drugs. The child had a dirty diaper and there were marks on his face. Investigators tracked down his mother and arrested her.
The Department of Children and Families took custody of the boy.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action