CHEVERLY, Md. (AP) — An ambulance stolen from a hospital in Washington’s Maryland suburbs has been recovered and a man is in custody.
Prince George’s County Police spokesman Officer Tyler Hunter says the unoccupied ambulance was taken from Prince George’s Hospital Center early Friday. An officer spotted the ambulance and began to follow it. Maryland State Police and the Charles County Sheriff’s Office joined in.
Video shows at least a dozen police vehicles following the ambulance down a highway.
The ambulance headed into Charles County but returned to Prince George’s County, where it stopped in Temple Hills.
Prince George’s County police said in a statement Friday afternoon that officers arrested 43-year-old William Person of Temple Hills. He was treated and released from a hospital and charged with auto theft and malicious destruction of property.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood