NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey Transit train has traveled through at least eight stops with a door open and has been pulled out of service. A passenger captured video of it.
Rider Jeffrey Spitery shared cellphone video with WNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/2q18eZP ) showing people moving around the train Tuesday night while the wind from the open door whips their hair.
Spitery says the train stopped at Newark Penn Station while a conductor searched for an open door. The train then continued. Spitery says as the train approached his stop in Metuchen he found a door “wide open.”
New Jersey Transit says a train should not move while a door is open. It says it’s investigating.
There’s no indication anyone was injured while the train door was open.
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Zoo hiring full-timers in several departments
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Senate GOP musters final push to erase Obama health care law
- Main Street Minute: Popular Gilbert restaurant closes for remodeling