KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• An upscale bowling alley and restaurant is debuting in Arizona on Thursday when Tavern and Bowl opens in Glendale. The site includes a dozen state-of-the-art bowling lanes, pool tables as well as a micro brewery. The grand opening of the Southern California-based chain’s latest entry will start at 7 p.m. at Westgate, at Loop 101 and Glendale Avenue.
• Jobs in business, manufacturing, health care and customer service are available at a Mesa hiring event Thursday. Companies including Wells Fargo, Nextiva and Norweigan Cruise Lines will all be on hand at the Convention Center near Center Street and University Drive from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Humana kicks off a two-day job fair Thursday morning. The health care company wants to add more than 100 telesales specialists to its direct marketing services team in Phoenix. The hiring event’s first day runs at its call center from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., then 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Friday. The call center is near 24th Street and Camelback Road.
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out
- University of Phoenix Stadium on list to host World Cup games