SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — A driver escaped serious injury when her SUV hit a 9-foot alligator crossing Interstate 75 in Florida.
The Florida Highway Patrol said in a news release that 34-year-old lawyer Jennifer Rosinski of Cooper City lost control after hitting the alligator, and the car flipped over multiple times. She somehow escaped with bruises and a cut under her right eye. The alligator wasn’t so lucky.
Lt. Gregory S. Bueno told the Palm Beach Post (http://pbpo.st/2ruOC1a ) that crashes involving alligators are rare along that stretch of I-75 in southwest Florida.
Rosinsky couldn’t believe it. She told the paper she first thought a fox had run in front her vehicle. She said: “I’ve never been in a significant accident before, and the first one I’m in is car vs. alligator!”
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights