Main Street Minute: Valley Metro donates, delivers 2,000 books to Tempe schools
• Three Tempe schools have received more than 2,000 books from Valley Metro’s recent book drive. Students at Curry Elementary, Hudson Elementary and Gililland Middle School will each get to take home a book for summer reading.
• McDonald’s is teaming up with UberEats to deliver burgers and fries to homes, offices and anywhere in-between. Starting Wednesday, the Golden Arches’ McDelivery service will be available — for all 140 Valley locations — on the UberEats app. Through Customers can get $5 off their first two orders through July 1 using the code FRIES4U.
• Employers from across the Valley in design, culinary, media arts and fashion are convening for a spring job fair Wednesday in Phoenix. The vent runs from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Art Institute of Phoenix near 19th and Dunlap avenues.
- Here’s what to expect from McDonald’s major Happy Meal changes
- Helicopter in Grand Canyon crash lacks system to avoid exploding
- Arizona medical-marijuana marketing becomes more mainstream
- Main Street Minute: Nightspot to open in Scottsdale
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site