SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Officials say a South Carolina man has died after being struck by a train.
The Spartanburg Herald-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2pUyXax ) that Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger says 53-year-old Glenn Alan Jordan was pronounced dead at the scene Tuesday morning.
Spartanburg Fire Chief Marion Blackwell says the train conductor saw Jordan walking on the tracks and blew a horn, but Jordan did not react.
The Spartanburg Police Department, fire department and county coroner’s office are investigating.
Norfolk Southern owns the tracks. Blackwell says railroad police also were called to investigate.
Information from: Herald-Journal, http://www.goupstate.com/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open