HOUSTON (AP) — Houston-area fire officials say six children have been hurt during a science experiment that caused a small blaze at a preschool.
The experiment was being conducted Tuesday outside the Yellow School in Bunker Hill Village. The school is located inside Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.
Memorial Hermann Hospital spokeswoman Rhiannon Collette says the children are in good condition.
Village Fire Chief David Foster says several other children were released to their parents who are taking them to their own doctors for possible care.
Houston Fire Department Senior Capt. Ruy Lozano says an emergency medical team was sent to the school after children got chemicals on them.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95