Here are the government’s rankings of the leading U.S. airlines and their on-time performance for March. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives no more than 14 minutes behind the scheduled time.
1. Delta Air Lines, 86.9 percent
2. Hawaiian Airlines, 84.7 percent
3. United Airlines, 81.0 percent
4. American Airlines, 80.2 percent
5. Alaska Airlines, 79.8 percent
6. Southwest Airlines, 79.6 percent
7. Frontier Airlines, 79.3 percent
8. SkyWest, 78.5 percent
9. ExpressJet, 75.8 percent
10. Spirit Airlines, 75.0 percent
11. JetBlue Airways, 70.8 percent
12. Virgin America, 65.5 percent
Total for all covered airlines: 79.9 percent
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report does not cover smaller airlines including Allegiant Air and some regional carriers.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Target to up hourly base pay to $15 by end of 2020
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports